Aug 29, 2009

The Online Detective

Rrrrnneeemm…my phone rang.
I saw on my mobile display a blinking ‘Ronnie Raj calling’. It is him. The upcoming music composer.
“Hello...” I said.
“Hi, buddy, it’s me, didn’t you understand me?”
“Yes, Ronnie, tell me...what’s the matter? I was just hearing your last composition. It’s an enigmatic kind of music. In some places, I doubt whether it reflects some Salil Chowdhury elements. But in overall appearance, it’s grand…and it’s…”
“Oh...stop it yar...”, I was interrupted. He continued, “…I called you not to talk these matters. Music…that’s my profession and passion as well. But now music is just a trivial thing as I am disturbed with some personal matters…”
“What kind of disturbances you face now…mental or physical?” I asked. Because, I did not get the seriousness of the problem that shakes him.
He said, “It is not physically. It’s mentally. I am so confused”
“Tell me in detail”, I demanded.
“Nothing yar…I think you remember the girl that I told you about. The one I met on Orkut”
“Which one? That college going engineering graduate? What happened to her? Is that the girl with whom you supposedly sharing some intimate personal bond? Did you open your heart at her?”
“Yeah, it’s the same girl. But, it has nothing to do with my heart opening or not opening. We already have revealed each other what was in other’s mind. But, I always was a little bit doubtful about her character. You know? I have a certain kind of intuition power. I mean the kind of revelation that I get through my dreams. In many dreams, what I saw were later happened in real life. I asked this girl about her friends and relationships. She was all the time having a kind of reserved nature at me. She never seemed as if having a pack of wild friends or as if having any extra-curricular activities. A simple girl concentrated only on her studies, just going college and returns home on time. That was the image she always had in my mind. But I was not convinced in her behavior, just because I knew the nature of the young generation. I doubt if I can find a single young one without at least a little of promiscuity either in behavior or in mind set. I am sure, I can’t find such a one, but you know? How much traditional and conservative is me in my mind. I think you know how much adherence I have towards the moral things and personal values….”
“I hope I know it” I replied.
“Now I am going to tell you about my dream. It happened in the same room of our friend Max, where all of us three spent time during the composition of my last score. Like we actually did in that occasion, in my dream we were sitting in his room discussing about our personal matters. Suddenly it was you, who warned me to be cautious about the character of this girl. You know? I always trust you and value your words even if it is in my dreams.”
“I think so far I kept your trust in me,” I said being apologetic and at the same time little bit proud.
“Well, let it be whatever. But after I woke up I decided to ask her about her character personally. I asked her in our next meeting, “Leena, I don’t blame you even if you presently have or had in the past any other relationships besides me. But I have to know, just want to know everything. I think that’s my right.” But whatever I asked or how many times I pressured, she replied only in the negative. She said, “No honey, I have no such relationships apart from you. I am just a girl interested only in my studies”. But I didn’t trust her. What made me so much dubious about her character was her reserved nature, which is usually uncommon as far as a rich Engineering college girl is concerned.”
Though I have some objective in his this opinion, I continued listening him.
“I doubted her reserved nature as a fine pretension in my presence only. I wanted to find its real hidden thing. And do you know, to find her actual nature what did I do?”
“What did you do?”
“Well, I just attempted to crack her E-mail. I already know her email ID as she was in my Orkut account and you know what I did to crack her password?”
“Tell me what you did?”
“Well…a common thing I observed among girls is that if they are having an affair, they usually put their lover’s name as the pass word in their mail accounts”
“Is that so?” I couldn’t believe what I heard.
“Yes, usually it is so”, he confirmed. “And in this case, I just typed ‘ronnieraj’ as her password. Though initially it didn’t work, a small variation of my name did the magic. And there was it, the magic box of all her personal secrets opened wide in front of my eyes.”
I was mute as words didn’t come out of my mouth; instead it produced a large gulping sound.
“And what did you read?” I asked him in panic.
“What I saw in her chat history was the sex chats she made with a boy. It was really heart breaking buddy. I can’t suffer it any more”
“And what did you do?’ I was interrogative.
He said, “And after this, I asked her again about her personal friends, she again repeated her old answer. Then I said her everything happened between me and her Email account. She became terrified. It was a startle, buddy, I watched her long coloration on her face. She then confessed that it was happened only once. A boy was keeping on asking her such explicit questions without any shame”
I asked him, “Tell me what exactly did you read in her chats?”
“It was so personal things; the boy was asking her very intimate questions, all regarding her personal body parts and so on”, he said.
“Wait...wait...did you say the boy was asking, not the girl was asking? And what was her reply?”
“She just kept silent all the time and was not at all talking anything”
“Well, it shows that her character is not so bad. How much time did they talk?” I asked.
“Hardly one minute”
“Oh k, then it might have happened accidentally. Only once they talked right? Whether there were any other such chats?’
“No…I could find only one”
“Perhaps, she might have deleted other chats with such promiscuous nature”
“I don’t think so”, he said, “and she apologized at me that she actually was not remembering a chat like this, when I asked her about her friends. The boy was asking her about her studies and things like that and it was so sudden, this boy changed the subject into a loose style. When she noticed that his questions were with such ignoble intentions, she suddenly stopped the conversation and even she cut him from her friend list. Then I too apologized for cracking her Email ID without her permission.”
“Ok…so what if any other boys will approach her via Orkut?” I asked him.
“There is little chance for it”
“Why?” I puzzled.
I heard my friends sigh over the phone, and with a change in his sound, he said, “Buddy, she already has deleted her Orkut account.”

(Disclaimer: This is an imaginary incident. The names are fake and if the characters bear any resemblence with any living or dead person, it is purely coincidental)
Photo Courtesy: Corbis

15 comments:

  1. Today I made decision. The hardest one of my life maybe. I have not much money but a lot of heart and determination. I will leave this place and search for happiness. I have to because I know its there......A man once said you never know where your home is until you leave a place..and if you return to that place it is indeed your home. I still have not found my home. In two days I will leave with no more than 50 dollars in my pocket..but as I said have determination and am certain there is place in this world for everyone.

    I have appreciated our friendship and your stories. I wish for you to continue and find your greatness......your a good friend. I listened to this song and pondered all these things. Am i making the right decision? Will I be OK? etc.......... I hope you to will find some inspiration from this as well. I will always check and try to stay in touch. Know that you have a friend that appreciates your words and was inspired by them and wishes the best for you.

    Here is the linnk to the song.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4X7N0wU2L8o

    Your Friend,
    Lionel Frietze

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lionel for opening up your new decision to me..May the almight brought all good to u and your life..Thanks for becoming my read..
    I will hear the song at will let you know what did I feel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liked the story. You have an ear for dialogue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Sucharita..really do u think so..? Thanks for letting me know u liked it..

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg...ronnie raj is way too conservative!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for visiting my blog and for your lovely comment.
    I liked your blog very much.I appreciate for your beautiful presentation.Lovely post and I enjoyed reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Blunt Edges
    Yes he is..because in that way I have created that character :D

    @Babli
    Thanks you very much Babli...thanks for the beautiful words you told about me..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice story..you have a nice blog...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you very much Swatantra..but i am not getting time nowadays..

    ReplyDelete
  10. അറിഞ്ഞില്ലാ....!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sad.
    I deeply felt for the two lovers separated by caste and religion. If only people would be more flexible.On second thoughts, may be this happened for good as the girl is perhaps happy with her life.
    Have not commented as I was very busy. Have not been blogging very regularly too. But please keep writing. You have a good blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Raghu
    ??

    @Aparna
    Reply to ur comment is written to the succeeding post as u really intended this comment for that post.

    ReplyDelete
  13. No wonder...now a days, girls never have a password with names...

    If I was in that Girl's position...I would kick his butt of...and asked him to Get Lost...A relation with no TRUST can never stay long...I believe...

    ReplyDelete

Drop your comments~ the below comment form is the best way to let me know your appreciations and criticisms regarding this post.

Real Time Web Analytics